I came across a hard disk with a corrupted MBR. In other words, I found a hard disk that lost all of its partitions but files and folders are still there. Tool of my choice in this kind of cases is TestDisk.
I had this problem when I was writing an initializer script for one of the custom fields in my JIRA instance.
I created my Facebook account in 2007, when Facebook was slowly making its trend in this side of the world. And then I made the worst mistake – adding anyone.
Found a piece that isn’t well documented. But as usual, I’m explaining my steps and then the solution. It’s no real big deal anyway. 🙂
මේක කැම්පස් එකේ දෙක වසර කාලෙ විනාඩි දෙකතුනක ඉතාම සුළු සිද්ධියක්. හැබැයි ඒ පාඩම ජීවිත කාලෙටම මතක තියෙයි.
After a lengthy JIRA tip, I’m about to blog a Keyboard Ninja tip for users who do a lot of Ctrl + R thingy to navigate Bash history.
JIRA to JIRA project migration — most of the time this has been a headache when it comes to customer negotiations and compromises.
So, this is loosely another part of the unofficial series ‘fixing a corrupted JIRA db‘.
However, this is a different case. This JIRA instance (7.1.x) was created by importing a huge XML backup (> 1 million issues). Due to an unknown reason, ActiveObjects didn’t import. That means, JIRA Software (aka JIRA Agile) no longer functioned normal.
Yesterday I blogged about how to fix JIRA Permission Schemes of a corrupted JIRA database. The observation was from atlassian-jira.log, but in my case I soon found out the problem was much greater in my case.